The South Australian government has put all its chips on the table for the Whyalla steelworks and Port Pirie lead smelter. The next six months will be critical.
Whyalla steelworkers are struggling to get the city's blast furnace producing iron again, with SA Premier Peter Malinauskas saying he is "very concerned" about the situation.
The federal government has put more than $200 million in additional funding aside and South Australia could follow as ...
More problems loom in the Australian construction industry, with the second-largest steelmaker unable to make steel for more than a month.
The Australian and South Australian Governments have announced an additional A$275m ($181m) in funding to support the Whyalla Steelworks during its transition to new ownership. The Whyalla Steelworks ...
Whyalla Steelworks’ troubled furnace to shut down — again — as engineers brought in to find solution
A troublesome blast furnace at Whyalla Steelworks to set to go offline again with advisors brought in to find a solution for ...
The flagging Whyalla Steelworks, burgeoning national space agency and ongoing algal bloom have all attracted new federal ...
The first creditors’ meeting at Whyalla Steelworks on Monday was told its finances were in an even worse state than previously thought. The administrator, KordaMentha, said the steelworks had lost a ...
In another reminder of the state of the ageing facility, the old coal-fired blast furnace has been closed for “unscheduled maintenance” since the start of April, as the search for a preferred buyer to ...
Arrium announced last Wednesday that it was considering mothballing its Whyalla steelworks in South Australia, after reporting a first half year net loss of $235.8 million. The international mining ...
Some results have been hidden because they may be inaccessible to you
Show inaccessible results